Institute of Education Sciences
V. Primary Delegations of AuthorityThe Secretary has delegated the following authorities to the Director, Institute of Education Sciences, subject to certain reservations.
- Authority for research, development and dissemination programs (Part A, B, and D of the Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002, as amended (ESRA))
- Authority for education statistics (Part C of the ESRA)
- Authority for research in special education (Part E of the ESRA)
- National Board for Education Sciences (Section 116 of the ESRA)
- Authority for regional educational laboratories (Section 174 of the ESRA)
- Statewide data systems (Section 208 of the Educational Technical Assistance Act of 2002
- Special Education studies and evaluations (Section 664 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act)
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (Section 303 of the National Assessment of Educational Progress Authorization Act)
- National Research Center for the Education of the Gifted and Talented Children and Youth (Section 5464(d) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA))
- National Assessment of Title I, Title I Evaluation and Demonstrations (Title I, Part E, of the ESEA
The Secretary has also delegated to all Principal Officers certain administrative authorities subject to specified reservations.
Last Modified: 07/08/2009