Office of Federal Student Aid
D. Performance Management
The Performance Management in Federal Student Aid is responsible for providing best in business service for all systems integration, reengineering and re-platforming projects; efficient and economic acquisition of products and services; contract performance measures and measurement; performance plan monitoring. To accomplish this mission, CPO has four principal components:
Project Management and Oversight is responsible for promoting the development and adoption of a project management culture throughout Federal Student Aid. The group advises on systems integration strategy and annual strategic and tactical planning for Federal Student Aid initiatives and is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing project management standards (based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Third Edition) that are integrated with other Federal Student Aid processes;
- Identifying training, in collaboration with Federal Student Aid University, to develop new project managers and support existing project managers’ professional development;
- Reporting on the status of projects to enable informed decisions and sound project management;
- Managing the project management process across Federal Student Aid;
- Project management consulting;
- Ensuring coordination and integration across all projects; and
- Analyzing critical dependencies across projects.
Enterprise Change Management provides leadership and integrated oversight for all FSA strategic initiatives execution, governance, quality assurance, Project Management standards and professional development, along with a strategic measurement initiatives and data in order to track program and organizational performance.