The Office of Parental Options and Improvement oversees activities that support enhancement and alternatives in education including arts education, full-service community schools, magnet schools, and public school choice. It also supports community organizations that work with schools and the community to meaningfully engage parents in their children's education.
- Arts in Education Model Development and Dissemination (AEMDD)
- Arts in Education National Program (AENP)
- Arts in Education - Professional Development for Arts Educators (PDAE)
- District of Columbia Opportunity Scholarship Program (OSP)
- Full-Service Community Schools Program (FSCS)
- Magnet School Assistance Program (MSAP)
- Promise Neighborhoods (PN)