Getting America’s Schools Covered: It Begins with You!
Applying for Healthcare is only a click, phone call or visit away. Please log on to: http://www.healthcare.gov/ to learn more about the affordable health coverage options under the new Health Insurance Marketplace.
The Health Insurance Marketplace is coming October 1, 2013….Share this great news with your schools, students, and communities……. A new way to get affordable coverage launches October 1.
ESEA Program Activities/Updates/Plans
Equitable Services Implementation Plan Webpage: ESIP is the U. S. Department of Education’s plan to assist State and local educational agencies (SEAs and LEAs) to improve the implementation of the equitable services requirements under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for eligible students enrolled in nonprofit private elementary and secondary schools and, as applicable, their teachers and parents.
Annual Reports to Congress
Federal Monitoring Process for Title I, Part A Webcast April 29, 2004
These webcasts highlight strategies that support improving student achievement, making AYP, and sustaining school improvement, April 2006
Identifying, Recognizing, and Learning from Effective Schools October 14, 2004
Key Title I Fiscal Issues Webcast Title I, Part A requirements for maintenance of effort, comparability, supplement not supplant, carryover, and reallocation, October 2004
Parental Involvement: From the Practitioner's Perspective Webcast focuses on the Title I, Part A requirements for meaningful parental involvement, August 2004
Supplemental Educational Services
Supplemental Educational Services Webcast, focuses on the implementation of Supplemental Educational Services, April 2004
LEA and School Improvement
LEA and School Improvement Guidance Webcast focuses on continuous improvement and school improvement requirements and plans, January 23, 2004
Publications and Links
- BRIEF: Forging a New Framework for Professional Development
- Office of Planning, Evaluation and Policy Development Publications
- Comprehensive School Reform Publications web page
- OSDFS Publications web page
- Healthy Start Grow Smart Series
- Teaching Our Youngest: A Guide for Preschool Teachers & Child Care & Family Providers
- EDPubs On-line Ordering System
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES): Find statistical publications, fast facts, survey and program areas, the Encyclopedia of ED Stats, and education related resources.
- Guide to the U.S. Department of Education Programs
- ED Priorities: Up to date information about new initiatives.
- Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- The Education Resources Organization Directory (EROD)
Booklets on NCLB
Labs, Centers, and Clearinghouses
The National Evaluation and Technical Assistance Center for the Education of Children and Youth Who Are Neglected, Delinquent or At Risk (NDTAC)
Comprehensive Assistance Centersestablished cto help low-performing schools and districts close achievement gaps
Equity Assistance Centers provide assistance in the areas of race, gender, and national origin equity to public school districts
Regional Educational Laboratories: are educational research and development organizations supported by contracts with the U.S. Department of Education.