Student Achievement and School Accountability Programs
- Education for Homeless Children and Youths - Grants for State and Local Activities: The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act is a formula grant program that supports State-wide efforts to ensure homeless children have access to public education.
- Homeless Education Disaster Assistance : The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act is a formula grant program that supports activities that address the educational and related needs of homeless students consistent with the requirements of section 723(d) of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (McKinney-Vento Act).
- English Language Acquisition State Grants (Title III): This program is designed to improve the education of limited English proficient (LEP) children and youths by helping them learn English and meet challenging state academic content and student academic achievement standards.
- Enhanced Assessment Grants
- Improving Basic Programs Operated by Local Educational Agencies (Title I, Part A): Title I, Part A funds schoolwide programs and targeted assistance programs designed to improve the academic achievement of students who are farthest from meeting the State's challenging academic standards, including students with disabilities, students with limited English proficiency, students experiencing homelessness, and children of migratory workers.
- Neglected and Delinquent State Agency and Local Educational Agency Program (Title I, Part D): Title I, Part D funds assistance for children who are neglected, delinquent, or at risk of dropping out of school.
- School Improvement Fund: Title I, Section 1003(g) of the ESEA authorizes formula grants to State Educational Agencies (SEAs) to assist schools identified for improvement, corrective action, and restructuring. Funds are used for the purpose of strengthening the capacity of States to carry out their program improvement responsibilities required under sections 1116 and 1117 of Title I.
- Services to Eligible Private School Children
Last Modified: 10/24/2014