Technical Assistance Centers
|You are here: OESE Home > Programs/Initiatives > OSHS|
The Educational Facilities Clearinghouse
The Educational Facilities Clearinghouse (the Clearinghouse) supports educational facilities through the provision of technical assistance and training to public facilities for public pre-kindergarten through higher education on issues related to educational facility planning, design, financing, construction, improvement, operation, and maintenance. The Clearinghouse also develops resources and assembles best practices on issues related to ensuring safe, healthy, and high-performance public educational facilities, including procedures for identifying hazards and conducting vulnerability assessments.
Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Technical Assistance Center
The REMS TA Center's primary goal is to support schools, school districts, and institutions of higher education in school emergency management and planning, including the development and implementation of comprehensive, all-hazards, high-quality emergency operations plans. The TA Center disseminates information about school emergency management and planning to help individual schools, school districts, and institutions of higher education learn more about developing, implementing, and revising high-quality emergency operations plans. In addition, the TA Center helps OSHS coordinate technical assistance meetings and share school emergency management and planning information, and responds to direct requests for technical assistance and training. The TA Center Web site is available at http://rems.ed.gov. A variety of preK-12 school and higher education emergency management and planning resources are available on the Web site, including the Administration’s Guides for high-quality emergency operations plans:
- Guide for Developing High-Quality School Operations Plans;
- Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Institutions of Higher Education; and
- Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship.
In addition, the REMS TA Center Web site provides webinars, tools, training, Power Point presentations, newsletters, lessons learned documents, and helpful hint publications.
The Safe and Supportive Schools TA Center
The Safe and Supportive Schools Website provides state, district and school administrators, teachers, school support staff, communities and families with resources and support to develop rigorous measurement systems that assess school climate and implement and evaluate programmatic interventions. You are welcome to explore and discover, ask questions, and share your perspective. Safe and Supportive Schools TA Center is operated for U.S. ED’s OSDFS by the American Institutes for Research (AIR) in collaboration with Child Trends; The Search Institute; Vision Training Associates; Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning; and Decision Information Resources, Inc. In particular, on the Website one can:
- Find out how to get help from the Safe and Supportive Schools TA Center (Center);
- Register for upcoming Center events that feature experts from the field, including Webinars;
- Find high quality products, tools and research by role and topic on the home page’s springboard;
- Refer to the School Climate Survey Compendium of OSHS surveys;
- Learn about other states and what they are doing to measure and improve school climate;
- Read the latest news on school climate issues.