Indirect Cost Group (ICG)
In carrying out its responsibilities, the Indirect Cost Group:
- Liaisons with Office of Management and Budget and other Federal Agencies in implementing the provisions Office of Management and Budget Circulars A-87, A-122, and A-21.
- Establishes and approves indirect cost methods and other cost allocation plans used to charge costs under Federal awards through desk audits and site visits.
- Issues Department delegations to State Education Agencies for local education agency indirect cost oversight after approving methodologies.
- Negotiates and settles liabilities resulting from excessive indirect cost reimbursements.
- Resolves indirect cost issues in audits.
- Provides technical advice and support to Cooperative Audit Resolution and Oversight Initiative (CAROI) Teams, Office of the Inspector General staff and Contract and Grant personnel.
- Develops cost policy and other financial oversight guidance.
- Represents the Department on interagency task forces and national grants policy initiatives.
- Develops and conducts training on Federal oversight role at conferences and workshops.