The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) is a process by which employees who have been involuntarily separated may receive selection priority for jobs in agencies other than the one in which they were previously employed. (5 CFR Part 330)
If you are a displaced Federal employee you may be entitled to receive special selection priority for one year after separation. To receive this priority consideration you MUST: 1. Submit a copy of the appropriate documentation such as a RIF separation notice, a letter from OPM or your agency documenting your priority consideration status with your application package. The following categories of candidates are considered displaced employees:
A. Current or former career or career-conditional (tenure group I or II) competitive service employees who:
1. Received a specific RIF separation notice or have been separated by RIF; or
2. Separated because of a compensable injury, whose compensation has been terminated, and whose former agency certifies that it is unable to place; or
3. Retired with a disability and whose disability annuity has been or is being terminated; or
4. Upon receipt of a RIF separation notice retired on the effective date of the RIF and submits a Standard Form 50 that indicates "Retirement in lieu of RIF"; or
5. Retired under the discontinued service retirement option; or
6. Received a notice of proposed removal for declining a transfer of function or directed reassignment outside the commuting area or have been removed for declining a transfer of function or directed reassignment outside the commuting area.
1. Former Military Reserve or National Guard Technicians who are receiving a special Office of Personnel Management (OPM) disability retirement annuity under section 8337(h) or 8456 of title 5 United States Code.
2. Be applying for a position at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been separated. The position must not have a greater promotion potential than the position from which you were separated.
3. Have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or equivalent. This must be submitted with your application package. (This requirement does not apply to candidates who are eligible due to compensable injury or disability retirement.)
4. Occupy or be displaced from a position in the same local commuting area of the position for which you are requesting priority consideration.
5. File your application by the vacancy announcement closing date and meet all the application criteria (e.g., submit all required documentation, etc.).
6. Be rated well-qualified for the position as listed on the vacancy announcement. (You must receive a score of 85 in comparison with the knowledge, skills, and abilities criteria; or have a score that would place you among the best qualified group of merit promotion candidates.)
(See 5 CFR Part 330)