Federal Interagency Working Group
The Federal Interagency Working Group on Educational Excellence for Hispanics (Working Group) is convened and chaired by the White House Initiative's executive director. Senior officials are designated by the heads of their respective departments, agencies and offices.
The Working Group consists of senior officials from, but not limited to, the following agencies:
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Labor
- White House Domestic Policy Council
Additional departments, agencies and offices may be included as the President designates.
Scope of Work
The White House Initiative's executive director may establish subgroups of the Working Group to focus on different aspects of the education system or education challenges facing Hispanics, such as:
- Early childhood education;
- K−12 education;
- Higher education;
- Career and technical education;
- Language acquisition; and
- Adult education.