EDFacts is a U. S. Department of Education initiative to put performance data at the center of policy, management and budget decisions for all K-12 educational programs. EDFacts centralizes performance data supplied by K-12 state education agencies (SEAs) with other data assets, such as financial grant information, within the Department to enable better analysis and use in policy development, planning and management. The purpose of EDFacts is to:
- Place the use of robust, timely performance data at the core of decision and policymaking in education.
- Reduce state and district data burden and streamline data practices.
- Improve state data capabilities by providing resources and technical assistance.
- Provide data for planning, policy, and management at the federal, state, and local levels.
2012 EDFacts State Three-Year Comparison Profiles
The EDFacts State Three-Year Comparison Profiles provide three years of data from EDFacts, the Consolidated State Performance Report, the National Assessment of Educational Progress, and other sources. These data include:
- Contextual information on the numbers of school districts, all schools, Title I and charter schools in the state, and student enrollment by race/ethnicity as well as for special populations
- The number and percentage of all schools and Title I schools that made adequate yearly progress (AYP) and those that did not make AYP and are in need of improvement
- State annual measurable objective (AMO) targets
- State student performance data and National Assessment of Education Progress data by race/ethnicity and special population subgroups
- Student outcomes, including high school graduation and dropout rates, Advanced Placement participation, and college enrollment rates
- Economic data on per-pupil expenditures and federal, state and local funding for education.
Explanatory notes accompany each profile to provide definitions for terms and information on data sources. A 508 compliant data file is also available. The profiles were developed by the Performance Information Management Service of the Office of Planning, Evaluation and Policy Development, U.S. Department of Education.
- EDFacts Overview
- EDFacts Data Content
- EDFacts Discussion Points Word
- EDFacts Calendar (April 9, 2014) Word
EDFacts Data Governance
- EDFacts Data Governance Board (EDGB) Overview
- EDGB Charter
EDFacts System Documentation
- SY 2012-13 CSPREDFacts Crosswalk
- SY 2012-13 CSPR Part I
- SY 2012-13 CSPR Part II
- SY 2012-13 CSPR Part I Data Key
- SY 2012-13 CSPR Part II Data Key
- SY 2012-13 CSPR Business Rules Guide
- SY 2012-13 CSPR Getting Started and FAQs
IDEA Part C Documentation
- 2013-14 Child Count (due April 2, 2014) MS Word
- 2013-14 Settings (due April 2, 2014) MS Word
- 2013-14 Dispute Resolution (due November 5, 2014; pending)
- 2013-14 Exiting (due November 5, 2014; pending)
- 2012-13 Child Count (due February 6, 2013) MS Word
- 2012-13 Settings (due February 6, 2013) MS Word
- 2012-13 Dispute Resolution (due November 6, 2013) MS Word
- 2012-13 Exiting (due November 6, 2013) MS Word
- 2011-12 Dispute Resolution (due November 7, 2012) MS Word
- 2011-12 Exiting (due November 7, 2012) MS Word
EDFacts White Papers
- Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Eligibility Data in EDFacts: A White Paper on Current Status and Potential Changes Word
Last Modified: 04/10/2014